Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sweet!


In looking at the requirements for the challenges out there this week, I decided to make Valentine's Day cards for my two new nieces.  The cupcake is from Doodlecharms.  The image comes with a birthday candle, but I just cut that off with scissors after the Cricut cut it out and added a heart, from the same cartridge.  The frosting was run through the Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls folder and the red background was run through the Heart Blocks folder.  The triangles in the "banner" at the top are also from Doodlecharms.

I used the Cricut markers that I got for Christmas for the first time on this project.  Calligraphy Collection was the first font cartridge I ever purchased for my Cricut, after much deliberation over all the styles that are out there.  I have been so disappointed at how the letters cut though.  In certain areas, they seem to just get too skinny and they are nearly impossible to get off the matt in one piece unless perhaps you cut them REALLY big.  The markers were a good way to use the font on that cartridge.  Thanks to my sister Ann for getting me the markers, and to the Scrapbooking Grandma for her video on using the markers on a Cricut die cut image.

This card will be entered in the following challenges:
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge blog #44--neglected cartridge.  The challenge was to use a cartridge you have not used in 6 months or more.  I have just had my Cricut for a year, and when I went through them, there weren't any that quite met that criteria yet.  I have only used Doodlecharms once recently, however, and while I have used Calligraphy Collection for basic shapes, I'm sure I have not used its font in over 6 months due to the challenges with it I described above.
Cardztv--cupcake challenge
Cricut Cardz Challenge #59--make a Valentine's Day card for a child
Skipping Stones Design--sketch challenge #61
My Time To Craft Challenge #125--embossing
My Pink Stamper--something yummy
Paper Playtime #35--anything party related

21 comments:

  1. This came out so CUTE! I'm sure your nieces will love this card! :o) Thanks for playing along with us this week over at CCC! :O)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. Love the banner especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a SWEET card!! She will love it!! Thanks for joining us this week at Cricut Cardz Challenge! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, your did a great job on your card, thanks so much for joining CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute - love the embossing on the cupcake. Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. definitely a sweet card! I like the cupcake and banner you made for the focal points.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful. You did an excellent job on this card. Thanks for joining us at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Veru cute card. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Playtime this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute...

    Thanks for playing along @ CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A yummy creation x Thanks for sharing it with us at MTTCC this week x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable cupcake! Thanks for playing along at FCCB:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute! I'll have to try the markers with Calligraphy Collection - they look great on your card! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. so cute! Who doesn't love cupcakes! Thanks so much for joining us at SSD!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute...and yummy! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun cupcake card! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute valentines card! That cupcake looks good enough to eat :) Thanks for playing with us at Cricut Cardz Challenge this week. Hope to see you back again soon :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun take on this sketch! I love the cupcake! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete