Saturday, November 6, 2010

Happy Birthday!

My niece's birthday is coming up.  She's going to be 22, so I didn't want a card that was too childish or too "senior" for her.  I used the wine (or champagne?) glasses from Calligraphy collection.  I used the Hide Contour feature on my Gypsy to delete one of the glasses.  I then doubled the design.  On one, I hid the line for the inside of the glass.  (This was cut in white.)  On the other, I hid the line for the outside.  (This was cut in pink.)  The result was having a glass that looks like it is full rather than cutting an outline of a glass.



I decided to make a tall card mainly because of the size of my scraps.  The idea for making a tall card came from Mary at Cardztv.  These cards fit in a business envelope.
I felt like it was missing a little something and decided to add some buttons I'd gotten a while back, since the colors were about right.  I like the bright colors on this card, and didn't want to cover them up to make a plain colored square for the sentiment to be stamped on, but it doesn't show up all that well on the patterned paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment