Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cub Scouts card


I needed to mail my nephew a check for the popcorn I ordered from him through Cub Scouts, so I thought I'd make him a cute card.  It took quite a while, but I'm really happy with how it turned out and his mom told me he looooved it!
The card is 4.25 x 5.5 inches.  I used Everyday Paper Dolls and Paper Doll Dress Up.  Here are the cuts and sizes I used:

EDPD:
doll 3"
sign from page 40 at 3" with Real Dial Size ON--This was actually an accident.  I didn't realize I had it on from a previous project!
shirt and hair from page 54
shorts from page 71
shoes from page 34
clouds from page 42, run through D'Vine Swirls Cuttlebug folder
fire from page 40.  I cut this out twice, once in gray and once in yellow to create my own layering.  I colored the logs with a brown marker on the yellow one.  I cut out the rocks from the gray and glued on the yellow.  Then I outlined the flames with an orange marker and chalked with orange.
marshmallows from page 40.  I also did some layering on this one.  I cut it out once in white and once in brown, cut out the white marshmallows and glued them on the brown.

PDDU:
scarf from page 36 This is from the Raggedy Andy doll --Don't tell my nephew!  :)

The boy, sign, fire, and marshmallows are mounted on foam tape.  Peachy Keen Stamps (PK-570) for the face.

1 comment:

  1. This is so stinkin' cute! You did a great job, and I'm not at all surprised that your nephew loved it!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete