Thursday, February 7, 2013

Have a COOL birthday!

I needed birthday cards for my brother-in-law and my dad.  Man cards are always tricky, and I was flipping through all my Cricut handbooks with no inspiration when my husband walked in.  He was actually the one who chose the image I used, the snowman from Smiley Cards.  The sketch came from Die Cuttin' Divas.  I do have to confess a goof, though.  I cut out my images and shut my Gypsy off without saving.  Usually I make sure everything is good before doing that, but of course not this time.  As I went to put my snowmen together, I realized that I must have chosen the shadow image for the base.  His hat and other accessories are too small!  I didn't want to start over at this point though, so I just went with it, hoping it looks like I did that on purpose!  The oval is from A Child's Year (It was a tag, but I removed the little hole with my Gypsy).  I ran it through my Cuttlebug Snowflakes folder.  The little glittery snowflakes in the upper corners were leftover from my Christmas cards, so they are actually the center of the O from the word JOY from Create a Critter.


I always like punny sentiments, so I used my computer to print "Have a COOL birthday!" on the cardstock before I cut it for the card.

This card will be entered in the Die Cuttin' Divas sketch challenge mentioned above.

4 comments:

  1. I like how his hat and accessories look on him...sorts of fits the cool snowman vibe you have going. Thanks for joining us Die Cuttin Divas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great for you for getting a jump start on your Holiday cards. I love the patterned paper and your "cool" snowman. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin` Divas this week

    Anita
    Die Cuttin' Divas DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great birthday card for your men! Very nice! I don't think I would have picked up that you used the shadow cut with your accessories unless you pointed it out. So certainly any non-card maker will never know! Thanks for entering the DCD Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! love the patterned paper you used! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete