Sunday, December 18, 2011

Paper clip angels

I first saw this idea at Linda's Creativity.  She also inspired Snoopy's Homemade Fun and I checked out her version as well.  Working in a school, I thought little ornaments made out of office supplies would be perfect.  My birthday is right before Christmas, and it always seems like if I bring in treats (as is the custom at my school), there are TONS of other treats that day anyway.  So, I thought I'd make these as my "birthday treat."  They're fat free!



I thought this style of paper clip was called "butterfly" paper clips.  I got some strange looks at the stores asking for those, though!  I shopped around at a couple of office supply stores, a local teaching store, and Wal-Mart.  The best deal I found was at Office Depot.  They had bags of 20 for $2.49.  (The package calls them "ideal clamps.")  I also had a bit of trouble finding metallic pony beads.  When I did find them at Michaels, I was disappointed.  The metallic beads all had a black spot the sides.  I ended up getting a different package of assorted metallic beads.  I used a variety of ribbon from my stash.
This summer, I bought a Stampin' Up stamp set called Cute Converse at a garage sale.  With that, I made some little tags that say "merry little christmas" on one side and "from me to you" on the other.  I made some with tags and some without.

No comments:

Post a Comment